Sunday, October 9, 2016

Commander Riker Vs. Darth Vader



I never really got the debate about which was better, Star Wars or Star Trek, because I loved both franchises as a kid.  For me the differences in them were less about the types of technology they used or the mythology they followed, rather it was how the stories were presented.  Star Wars seemed to follow the Western mode, with characters weaving in and out of an epic tale.  Star Trek felt more like a police procedural show, always beginning every story from a set location and having the characters deal with outside influences.

7 comments:

Carycomic said...

Exactly, Ross! It's like people arguing which fruit is superior: the apple or the orange. The latter is a stupid question, because apples and oranges are _equally_ good in their respectively unique ways.

That being said; I have to wonder if Vader would be able to beat Ryker at anbo-jutsu without resorting to the Force in any way/shape/form.

Anonymous said...

This makes me think, what would be really cool is if you did a Twilight Zone "team-up" at some point. There are plenty of Twilight Zone comics.

Scott said...

I've been a Star Trek fan since 1970 and a Star Wars fan since 1977. Each is tops in its own sub-genre. I have no problem being a fan of both (except that it's twice as expensive).

Anonymous said...

Re: Twilight Zone Team Up --> I like that idea. Perhaps it would feature Spiderman with some encounter with Uncle Ben

Anonymous said...

Spidey and Uncle Ben? What would you call such an adventure: "Rice Against Time?!"

Bob Buethe said...

I don't really like that idea -- but I could be converted. ;)

Anonymous said...

@BB: it would more likely end up reading like a "puff" piece. ;-D

Support STF: The Lost Issues!